ESOPHAGEAL CANCER MORBIDITY IN REPUBLIC OF TAJIKISTAN
Department of Oncology of State Educational Establishment «Institute of Postgraduate Education in Health Sphere of Republic of Tajikistan»
Aim. Performed statistical analysis of the incidence of esophageal cancer in Republic of Tajikistan at 2007-2012.
Materials and methods. Have studied the clinical data of 763 patients with esophageal cancer of the registered at 20072012 in the Republican Center of Medical Statistics and Information of the Ministry of Health and Social Protection of the Republic of Tajikistan. The age of patients varied from 19 to 80 years. Male to female ratio was 1.3:1.
Results. Esophageal cancer in structure malignant neoplasms in Republic of Tajikistan is 4.8% and is the 4th place. Males account for 57.4%, women — 42.6%. At I-II stage the development of process turns 63.6% (485) of patients at stage III — 21.2% (162) at stage IV — 15.2% (116) of patients. The most frequent esophagus of cancer meets the age of 50 years, peak incidence occurs at the age older than 65 years.
Conclusion. In the structure morbidity with malignant neoplasms of esophageal cancer at Republic of Tajikistan is 4.8% and stably holds the 4th place. Often suffer from esophageal cancer people aged over 60 years.
1. Kulikov E. P., Khirurgicheskoe lechenie raka grud-nogo otdela pishchevoda: materialy VIII sezda onkologov [Surgical treatment of cancer of the thoracic esophagus: Materials VIII Congress of Oncologists]. Voprosy onkologii -Questions of oncology, 2013, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 950.
2. Yankin A. V. Rak pishchevoda: ot statistiki k diag-nostike [Esophageal cancer: from statistics to diagnostics]. Prakticheskaya onkologiya — Practical oncology, 2003, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 61-65.
3. Bonin-Scaon S., Lafon P., Chasseigne G. et al. Learning the relationship between smoking, drinking alcohol and risk of esophageal cancer. Health Education Research, 2002, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 415-424.
4. Glenn T. F. Esophageal cancer. Facts, figures and screening. Gastroenterology Nursing, 2001, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 271-273.
5. Mayne S. T., Navarro S. A. Diet, obesity and reflux in the etiology of adenocarcinomas of the esophagus and gastric cancer in humans. Journal of Nutrition, 2002, vol. 132, no. 11, pp. 3467-3470.
6. Messman H. Squamos cell cancer of the oesophagus. Best Practice and Research Clinical Gastroenterology, 2001, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 249-265.
7. Meyenberger C., Fantin A. C. Esophageal carcinoma: current staging strategies. Recent Results in Cancer Research, 2000, vol. 155, pp. 63-72.
8. Tanabe H., Yokota K., Shibata N. Alcohol consumption as a major risk factor in the development of early esophageal cancer in patients with head and neck cancer. Internal Medicine, 2001, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 692-696.